From Mount Wiki
Cabane de Tracuit (fr)
|Elevation|| 3,256 m10,682.415 ft |
|DMS Coor.||46°07´49"N, 7°40´46"E|
|Swiss Coor.||618620 / 108780|
|Links|| Topographic Detail |
|Bishorn, Col de Tracuit, Tête de Milon|
|Summit(s)||Bishorn, Les Diablons, Tête de Milon, Weisshorn|
|Guarded||30 Mar. - 1 May & 1 Jul. - 15 Sep.|
|Catering||Drinks and Food|
|Tel.|| +41 27 475 15 00 (hut)|
+41 792 016 909 (warden)
+41 244 256 566 (warden)
That adsedrses several of my concerns actually.
Built in 1929 (gift of M. Joseph Baumgartner). Expansions in 1938, 1968 and 1981 and an ongoing expansion since 2011.
120 places, 30 in winter room.
|SAC Member 6-22||11|
|Non Member 18+||33|
|Non Member -17||17|
 Approach routes
- From Zinal (4h):
From the S extremity of Zinal follow a path heading SE to Combautanna (2,578 m). From here the path continues roughly ENE towards the Col de Tracuit. A little way below the col it swings R before climbing on to the ridge SE of the low point. The hut is a few m further.
- From Zinal: le Vichiesso - Pt. 1,907 m - Ar Pitetta - Roc-de-la-Vache (5,5h)
- From Zinal: Pas-du-Chasseur - Roc-de-la-Vache (5,5h)
- From the Turtmann Hut (3-4h):
From the hut follow the route to a little beyond Gassi. Before following the path to the edge of the Brunegg Glacier it's a good idea to scramble up the rocks on the R and examine the best way of crossing the glacier (usually above an ice-fall) to reach, close to the top, the massive rock island below Pt. 2,913 m separating it from the Turtmann Glacier. On these rocks a path and light coloured ramp lead to the cairn at the top. Descend on to the Turtmann Glacier and go down this (heading W) on to the level section at 2,800 m. Cross to the L bank and climb this side of the glacier, eventually reaching a poorly marked path leading to the Col de Tracuit. The hut is 200m away.
- Bishorn: (4,153 m13,625.328 ft
- Weisshorn: (4,506 m14,783.465 ft
- Les Diablons: ()
- Tête de Milon: (3,693 m12,116.142 ft
- Turtmann Glacier - Turtmann Hut: alpine route
- Bisjoch - Randa
- Schölljoch - Topali Hut
- Col de Milon - Arpittettaz Hut
- Roc-de-la-Vache - valley - Petit Mountet Hut or Grand Mountet Hut
 Additional photos
 Recommended books
The Alpine 4000m Peaks by the Classic Routes by Richard Goedeke
Valais Alps East: Selected Climbs (Alpine Club Guides) by Les Swindin
Valais Alps West: Selected Climbs (Alpine Club Guides) by Lindsay Griffin
Valais West: Zinal - Arolla - Verbier - Rhone Valley (Rother Walking Guide) by Michael Waeber & Hans Steinbichler
- You can click the images to get a bigger image of the front cover!
- We offer you a direct deeplink to Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de to buy the book. Amazon is the biggest online store in the world and offers a safe environment to buy anything you want.